Boost your online video capabilities with Ragan Communications hands-on bootcamps
I’m glad to announce a partnership among my employer RUN Studios, StoryGuide.net and Ragan Communications to hold a series of one-day workshops focused on best practices in video production and distribution. With online video becoming a strategic communication channel for organizations of all kinds and sizes, it’s increasingly important to master the art of content planning, production, and syndication via social channels. Workshop participants will acquire the right confidence and knowledge to make an effective use of this medium, both as a communication and learning tool internally and externally to their organizations. Topics covered include:
- Rules of storytelling
- Script basics and when to skip the script
- What equipment you need to get started and how much it’ll cost
- Cameras, files & formats: What path makes the most sense for you?
- The production practices survival guide: Camera height, framing, & environment
- Sequencing and mastering ways to avoid the “talking head” video
- How to shoot an interview (it’s not as straightforward as you think)
- How to set up 3-point (or interview) lighting
- The best way to shoot when you can’t use external lighting
- Why sound is so important and how you can make yours better
- Editing basics and the importance of b-roll
- Social media distribution and syndication in a changing media landscape
- Adding mobile video to your marketing mix
The workshops are held by award-winning television producer and editor Drew Keller, and myself, Director of Digital and Emerging Media at RUN Studios. Ragan Communications is offering the bootcamp as a pre-conference or as a stand alone event. For upcoming dates and availability please refer to Ragan’s web site.